Friday, January 23, 2009

Conflicting Reports



The lucky hat at various Miami spots...



The fountain at the Biltmore




Golf course at the Biltmore.


Bush at the Biltmore.


Pool statue at the Biltmore



Eggs benedict at the Biltmore



Another spot at the Biltmore

Former TFF blog administrator


Front of Biltmore


Banyan tree in Coral Gables


Another shot from Coral Gables




Without a TFF reporter at this Friday's match, there have been a couple of conflicting reports as to exactly what happened. According to 2008 Player of the Year LT, "I dominated from start to finish. There is little doubt that I will move up in this week's rankings." However, Mike was also claiming victory:"I'm back and better than ever. I may have dropped a buck to LT but there's no way I could have dropped in the rankings." No truer statement could be made in regards to Mike's ranking, since he was currently ranked last. TFF will make every attempt to obtain reliable documentation of this week's match and report back asap. Meanwhile, TFF was able to catch up with Karl with a K in Miami where he agreed to an exclusive interview. According to Karl, his absence from this weeks match had nothing to do with reports of a Mike/Karl breakup. "Mike is still my partner. I'd hate to think what would happen to him if he didn't have me. We'll be back together soon." Asked if he had travelled to Fla. perhaps for a tuneup of his swing Karl laughed at the thought. " Do you remember the scene from "Happy Days" where The Fonz looks in the mirror and starts to comb his hair only to stop when he realizes that his hair is already perfect? Well that's the way it is with any pro that has ever looked at my swing: what could they change?" After a little more questing, Karl finally explained his trip to Miami. "I'm a little superstitious. I was looking for a lucky hat. I drove over to Dick's but nothing felt right so I drove to Nashville. Nothing. Then Atlanta. On to Orlando, still nothing .Finally, at The Biltmore Golf Course in Coral Gables Fla. I found it. 19 hours of driving was worth it . Never underestimate the value of a lucky hat."

1 comment:

  1. We are really going to miss Ashley. The blog will surely go down hill since she left. As 2008 Player of the Year I want to thank her for all of her hard work. My goal this year is to never pay for a lunch. Shouldn't be to hard if Karl with a K gets back in town. Great pictures of the Biltmore. Wonder what hotel Karl stayed at?

    ReplyDelete