Sunday, July 18, 2010

Team LT/Ron Have Big Win At Chickasaw, Overheat At The Farms

Three weeks ago Ron took the short cut to Chickasaw. Although he saved 6 minutes and was able to get Karl car sick, the time saved was quickly lost with slow play. In fact, Karl was forced to withdraw after 15 holes. "When I started playing this game I promised Martha that I'd limit my time on the course to no more than 9 hours a day. Recently Mike and I played 54 with plenty of time to spare but today I had to leave the other 4 players in order to keep from going over the 9 hours." Team LT/R had revenge on their minds and dominated their opponents from the first hole, closing out the match on #13. At the turn: S-37, R-38, LT-39, M-39, and K thanks to being 7 over on the 2 par 5's:48. LT carded another 39 on the back to beat Mike straight up with a 78! Sam matched his 37 on the back for a 74.

Scores/birdies:

S-37/37-74-1

LT-39/39-78-1

M-39/43-82-1

R-38/46-84-0

K-48/48-96-0



This past week the 5 traveled to Dyersburg to play the always well conditioned Farms. All 5 played the front close with a low of 37 by Mike and a high of 41 by LT and Ron. Team K/M were able to overcome their recent defeat at Chickasaw and get back to their winning ways. LT, however was not only overcome by K/M, but also by the heat as he was unable to play the last hole. Although team K/M will surely remain hot, hopefully the weather will cool down some before next Friday.
Scores/Birdies:
M-37/39-76-1
S-38/40-78-2
K-40/40-80-1
R-41/45-86-0
LT-41/47-88-1

Notes of interest:
M will give R 9 and R owes M 1
K and R will play even and R owes 1
LT will get 3 from K and owes K 1
Team LT/R will get 18

No comments:

Post a Comment